Hello everybody. I have been sharing my recipes for years but doing it on a website is new to me. To tell you a little bit about myself. I’m 45 yrs of age. I have 3 children and 2 granddaughters. I’ve been living in Abu Dhabi for 7 years now. My hobby is cooking and cross stitching. I love listening to music. There should be music in the kitchen!!! Also I love to watch action and spy movies. I am also interested in learning new things specially about different cultures. I hope you enjoy my recipes. xoxo Georgette
- 500 grams beef
- rib eye steak
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 can whole baby corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Thinly sliced green onion
Method of cooking:
- Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat into bite-size strips.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together orange juice, soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper (if desired).
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes in hot oil. Add corn and bell pepper, cook and stir for another 2 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Add beef strips to wok. Cook for 4 minutes. Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with green onion.