I love makeup. There is no denying that. Whilst makeup can help a multitude of problems, one thing that is very important to me is teaching ladies to take care of their skin properly. Our face is important because this is the first thing people see. Our bodies reflect our lifestyle. Here are some really easy tips to get you started in the right direction:
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep at night. When they say you need your beauty sleep, they weren’t lying. Our bodies need time to recover and our skin needs time to rejuvenate.
- Drink loads of water. Start your day with a big glass of lemon water, then continue to drink water throughout the day.
- Eat leafy greens and green juices.
- Exfoliate 1-2 times a week. You don’t need to use expensive exfoliators. One of my favourite natural exfoliators is 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Use moisturiser. Don’t forget around the eye area. I would recommend using almond oil around the eyes at night. It is a natural moisturiser that is full of vitamin E.
- Use sunscreen. Allow the sunscreen to absorb into the skin. Sun protection is very important – especially in this part of the world.
- Use foundation primer. Most women skip this but it is so important to just put on some primer before you start your makeup routine. The primer helps your foundation and makeup to stay on your face.
I hope that you find these tips useful. For more tips or information about an upcoming Make Up Seminar, please join the community on Facebook at Beauty plus Health Abu Dhabi.
Marzia was raised in Vancouver, Canada. After trying many fields of work, she decided on makeup artistry in 2001. She completed the full Makeup Artistry Diploma course at the world-renowned John Casablancas Institute in Vancouver. Since then, there has been no stopping her. She has been doing makeup and events ever since. With all of this experience we know that when it comes to makeup, she knows exactly what she is talking about.