So with holidays now a distant memory, we should take more time to look after ourselves. There are always opportunities for us housewives to look beautiful and that is why I am here. To share my knowledge and my love of make up. I love makeup because how it makes me feel. It only takes a few extra minutes in the morning but your whole attitude changes when you know you look good. I will be sharing with the Real Housewives of Abu Dhabi my top tips on looking fabulous. Today we start with my top tips for a glamourous look.
Eyebrows frame the face and so its very important to fill them with the right products.
- Draw the outside of the brow with a sharp brow liner.
- Best to fill with a gel or a powder products.
- Dont forget to seal with a brow gel or comb with a spool (clean mascara brush).
Favorite Brow Products:
Lancome le sourcil brow pencil
Aqua brow eyebrow corrector from Makeup Forever
Anastasia of Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade (smudge proof/perfect for arch and definition)
Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil and gel
Benefit Gimme Brow (great for volumizing the brows)
Bold Smokey Eyes and Wingliner
- For a beautiful smokey effects that’s easy to do and dramatic you can smudge black gel liner on top of the eye lid as a liner and under the eye.
- Add beautiful rich hues of blue eyeshadow(blue looks beautiful on almost everyone and its a colour that,s always in).
- For a pop of colour you can do a wing liner with a brush using a light glittery colored pencil like silver or gold in the inner corners of eyes.
- A beautiful wing liner with a gel (Inglot gel #77 or Maybeline gel liner) will stay put all day!
- For a more smokey and full lash effect do a dark liner right under the top lashes (tight line).
P.S. If you have beautiful light blue eyes opt for a smokey brown liner that will give you a smokey eye but softer!
Mascara and Full Lashes
- If you Already have full and long lashes then just add 2-3 coats of a dark black mascara
- To Make the mascara more bold use a lash primer like the Dior lash primer
- If you have shorter lashes, do 2 coats of mascara on your lashes then follow with some falsies (my fav is hudabeautylashes in Samantha)
- Make sure you comb lashes with a plain brush to take out all the clump!
Favorite mascaras: Benefits They’re Real, Lancome Hypnose and Rimmel Scandalous
Contour and Highlight
- It’s very important after your eyes are done to do a nice bronzer and highlighter contour on the face
- Go for a bronzer 1-2 shades darker than your foundation/powder
- Highlight the areas that the light will hit like the forehead and top of nose/cheeks
- Less is more so do little at a time until your happy with the results
- Blending is very important with a nice buffing brush blend in circular motions, get rid of any harsh lines!
- Theres nothing that screams hot mama louder than a bold lip. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Bold doesn’t necessary mean red, it could be a darker pink or a darker nude than what you are used to wearing everyday.
- A beautiful lined lip with a natural colored lip liner will give your lipstick staying power and stops the lips from bleeding.
- Dont forget to clean around the lips with a clean flat concealer brush a Q-tip after applying a bold lip color!
- You can also add a clear gloss or a bit of concealer in the middle of your lips for fuller looking lips.
If you are interested in following all of my beauty tips or attending one of my make up seminars, please join my community on Facebook, Beauty plus Health Abu Dhabi or follow me on instagram @amarzybeauty.
Marzia was raised in Vancouver, Canada. After trying many fields of work, she decided on makeup artistry in 2001. She completed the full Makeup Artistry Diploma course at the world-renowned John Casablancas Institute in Vancouver. Since then, there has been no stopping her. She has been doing makeup and events ever since. With all of this experience we know that when it comes to makeup, she knows exactly what she is talking about.